- Create Online Account
- Live Chat
- Outage Center
- Ohio Choice & SCO►
- Natural Gas Vehicles
- Customer Information
Through a program called net metering, residential, small business and
industrial customers can generate their own electricity, up to 1 megawatt,
to supplement the supply they get from Vectren.
When a net metering customer's renewable generator is producing more power than is being consumed, the customer essentially generates credits toward the bill. When a net metering customer uses more power than is being produced, the meter records the usage in the standard fashion. Net metering customers are charged only for the "net" power that they consume from Vectren that has accumulated over a designated period or, if their renewable energy-generating systems make more electricity than is consumed, they may be credited for the excess electricity contributed to the grid over that same period.
Connecting to Vectren's GridThere are a few key steps you must complete to begin the interconnection process, including a formal application, signing an interconnection agreement, a site drawing and an inspection.
- Customer checklist for establishing Customer-Owned Generation
- Energy Delivery interconnection guidelines for Customer-Owned Generation
- Application for interconnection for generation that is 10 kW (kilowatts) or smaller
- Interconnection agreement for generation that is 10 kW or smaller
- Application for interconnection for generation that is greater than 10 kW
- Interconnection agreement for generation that is greater than 10 kW
Contact us online or at 1-800-227-1376 (Option 6) to learn more or to get the process started.
All positions and references are in accordance to Vectren's TARIFF FOR ELECTRIC SERVICE (I.U.R.C. No. E-13) and are subject to future changes.