The Business Custom Incentive Program is designed to help business customers make smart, energy efficient decisions that reduce energy consumption and operating costs. It offers incentives* of up to $50,000 for qualified natural gas projects and/or up to $100,000 for qualified electric projects. Services include third-party technical and financial assistance for qualifying equipment not covered under the prescriptive rebate program.
Learn more: Natural Gas Service Projects Electric Service Projects
*BEFORE YOU BEGIN...
Before you begin, be sure to read the eligibility guidelines to ensure your business and project qualify for the Business Custom Program. Contact your Vectren representative or call 1-866-240-8476 for additional details and assistance.
Download the application
If your project qualifies, download the application by selecting the option that corresponds with the type of Vectren service utilized by your business.
Natural Gas Service
Who is eligible to participate in the Business Custom Program?
Natural gas program incentives: Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana commercial customers served under rate 120, 125, 200 and 225 (natural gas) are eligible. Electric program incentives: All Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana commercial/industrial customers with Vectren electric service qualify.
To verify your eligibility, please contact the Vectren Conservation Connection Center at 1-866-240-8476.
How do I apply for a Business Custom Project Incentive?
- With your contractor or staff, identify a possible energy efficient custom project at your facility.
Larger businesses may find a technical audit or compressed air system study helpful.
Technical Audit: This service is available to all commercial/industrial Vectren electric customers and costs an average of $5,000 for most businesses. If you are interested in a technical audit, contact Vectren for additional information or complete the online form. (Click here for a Sample Energy Audit)
Compressed Air System Study: Businesses interested in learning about savings opportunities related to their compressed air system may benefit from a detailed compressed air system study. If you are interested in this opportunity, please review the study guidelines for additional information or complete the online form.
- Submit Vectren Energy Delivery Business Custom Application with a project summary and calculated energy savings.
- Vectren Energy Delivery Business Custom Program staff will review the application and the project summary to determine pre-approval.
- Once approved, Vectren Energy Delivery will issue a pre-approval letter to reserve the funds. You will have 90 days to complete the project in order to ensure the reserved funds are available (unless other terms are agreed upon).
- Submit invoices for proof of project completion.
Vectren Energy Delivery Business Custom Program staff may perform a site-visit to verify installation/operation.
Contact your Vectren representative for additional assistance:
Natural gas service:
Gas Business Custom Program Administrator
Manager, Electric DSM & Conservation