Vectren Diversity Action Council
Vectren’s diversity and inclusion journey continues to evolve and is spearheaded by our cross functional Diversity Action Council (DAC). Sponsored by a steering committee made up of senior executive management, this 28-member group represents all operating units and includes participants from management to front line employees. Vectren’s Diversity Action Council meets monthly and is responsible for the development of a corporate Diversity Strategic Plan to further integrate diversity and inclusion practices and procedures throughout the company. The Diversity Action Council is comprised of five committees focused on the following areas:
- Employee Attraction and Retention
- Leadership Development
- Marketing and Branding
- Performance Management
- Supplier Diversity and Development
Each committee meets monthly and is responsible for evaluating current practices and procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement as well as recommended action steps.
Diversity and Inclusion Goals
- Our employees understand the key role diversity plays in achieving the ongoing goals of the company.
- Our company leaders develop the necessary skills and model behaviors and actions that make our commitment to inclusion clear to all stakeholders.
- Our hiring policies and procedures support creation of an employee population that mirrors the communities we serve.
- Our policies and actions support diversity when selecting vendors and contractors.
- Our ongoing charitable giving and volunteer efforts support the creation of a more diverse community that ultimately improves quality of life for all of the citizens we serve.
According to The Conference Board, dynamic companies have embodied it, great leaders have espoused it, and mathematical modeling now appears to prove it: diversity offers competitive advantage. Vectren believes that diversity and inclusion is a fundamental and indispensable objective which strengthens our company, maximizes the investment of our shareholders, and prepares us to compete and lead in the 21st century. Vectren is fully committed to ensuring not only compliance with equal opportunity laws, but also a deeper commitment that diversity and inclusion will help us realize our greatest potential as a company and maximize the potential of our employees. Vectren is committed to integrating diversity and inclusion into all aspects of our business operations.
"Diverse groups of people bring to organizations more and different ways of seeing a problem and, thus faster/better ways of solving it." Scott E. Page, Princeton University
Click here to go to the Vectren Careers Page