- Create Online Account
- Live Chat
- Outage Center
- Ohio Choice & SCO►
- Natural Gas Vehicles
- Customer Information
Utility customers are periodically targets for scams and fraudulent activity. If you suspect or experience a scam or fraudulent activity associated with your Vectren account, contact us at 1-800-227-1376 as well as local law enforcement.
Protect yourself from this type of fraudulent activity by understanding Vectren's payment policies and procedures.
- Vectren may call you to discuss your account, but will validate the call with information only you and Vectren should know about your account.
- Vectren customers who have delinquent accounts receive advanced written notifications from the company prior to service disconnection. We will never give only one notification hours before disconnection for delinquency.
- Vectren never asks customers with a delinquent account to make immediate payment with a prepaid debit card in order to avoid service disconnection.
- If at any time you are not confident a representative is a legitimate Vectren representative or employee, call Vectren at 1-800-227-1376 for verification.
- Protect your personal information – birthday, Social Security number, Vectren account number, bank account number, etc.
What if you have fallen victim to a prepaid debit card scam?
If you quickly learn that you have fallen victim to a scam involving a prepaid debit card, MoneyPak/Green Dot has launched a new online tool that allows you to go online and request a refund of the funds that were loaded onto the card.
As long as the scammer hasn't already cashed the card, you can request a refund online and MoneyPak will mail a check for the request amount back within 7-10 business days.
When using the online tool, be prepared to enter:
- First and last name
- Address for refund
- Phone number
- Reason for refund