- Create Online Account
- Live Chat
- Outage Center
- Ohio Choice & SCO
- Natural Gas Vehicles
- Customer Information
Vectren prioritizes the restoration process by restoring power to the greatest number of customers as safely, quickly and efficiently as possible. If the damage is severe and widespread, emphasis is placed on vital public health and safety facilities, such as hospitals, law enforcement, fire departments, water treatment facilities and pumping stations given these facilities are essential to protect the health and safety of the public.
When threatened with severe weather, Vectren prepares well in advance to be able to react quickly. From monitoring the weather to identifying crews as well as bringing in extra call-takers or even accessing additional assistance from contractors or from neighboring utility crews, Vectren takes the necessary steps to efficiently prepare for and respond to system damage.
Our typical restoration process follows this sequence:
- Transmission lines supply electricity to large numbers of customers and to large geographic areas. These lines deliver electricity from the power plants to the substations.
- Substation equipment adjusts the transmission line voltage to lower levels that are appropriate for main distribution lines.
- Main distribution lines, also known as primary lines, deliver electricity to large subdivisions and commercial areas.
- Local distribution lines, installed either overhead or underground, deliver electricity to smaller neighborhoods and businesses.
- Distribution transformers and service lines deliver electricity to your individual home or business either overhead or underground.