Resources to weatherize your home
Vectren partners with a variety of organizations in Indiana and Ohio to provide special home weatherization programs to ensure qualifying homeowners are able to enjoy an energy-efficient and comfortable home year-round. Select a state below to view our current weatherization offerings:
- Community Action Agencies
Income Qualified Weatherization
Vectren offers complete home weatherization services for customers who meet eligibility requirements. Our professional Energy Advisors use a scientific approach and state-of-the-art tools to identify areas which can be improved to boost energy efficiency and increase your home's comfort.
To check your eligibility and schedule your energy assessment, give us a call at 1-855-298-5390. Or, select the button below to schedule your assessment online.
During the assessment, your Energy Advisor will:
Analyze your home and equipment
- Analyze your energy use by assessing the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system for operating efficiency;
- Conduct blower-door directed air sealing;
- Check for water leaks and electrical and gas hazards.
- The advisor will also inspect the insulation levels in the attic, which may result in the installation of insulation at a later date.
Install low-cost, energy-saving measures
- Replacement of traditional incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs (CFLs)
- Water pipe insulation
- Energy-efficient kitchen sink aerator
- Energy-efficient bathroom sink aerators
- Energy-efficient showerhead(s), to help you begin saving energy immediately;
Vectren Home Weatherization Program
Vectren has partnered with Community Action Partnership of the Greater Dayton Area (CAP) to weatherize thousands of homes in the greater Dayton area through a program called Vectren Home Weatherization Program . To qualify for this home weatherization program, your annual household income cannot exceed 300% of the poverty guidelines (see chart at bottom).
Vectren Home Weatherization Program helps qualifying customers implement energy efficiency improvements to their homes at NO COST to the customers. The improvements, such as upgrading insulation or installing a new natural gas furnace, are made by a team of energy efficiency professionals from the Community Action Partnership of the Greater Dayton Area. The result of a Vectren Home Weatherization Program energy overhaul is a home that's more comfortable, safe and energy efficient, which should lead to lower energy consumption and lower energy bills.
Qualifying for the Vectren Home Weatherization Program
- Be a Vectren customer
- Meet income requirements (see chart at bottom)
- Be available for in-home inspection and installation appointments
The weatherization process is easy:
1. Call & schedule
Call 1-800-617-2673 to see if you qualify. If you're eligible, we'll work with you to schedule an in-home energy audit.*
The Vectren Home Weatherization Program crew will come to your house, perform an energy audit and look for things that can be improved to make your home more energy efficient.
The Vectren Home Weatherization Program professionals will then implement the necessary energy-efficiency improvements to your home at no cost.
Vectren Ohio Home Weatherization Qualifications
|Number in household||Annual income (before tax)|
|For family units with more than eight members, add $12,540 for each additional member.|
Request a special payment plan.
We offer a variety of payment plans to help you manage energy bills, including pay-by-installment arrangements and due date extensions.