Note: the information contained on this page applies to gas transportation customers in our Ohio region. Select another region
Through Vectren's Gas Transportation Service, qualifying non-residential customers with annual natural gas usage of 50,000 therms/Ccfs or greater are eligible to select from an approved-list of natural gas suppliers to purchase gas supplies.
Preble, Madison, Greene, Warren, Clinton, Fayette and Montgomery (shared) counties
Darke, Shelby, Miami, Clark, Logan, Champaign and Montgomery (shared) counties
Policies & procedures
- Non-residential customers with annual usage greater than or equal to 50,000 therms may participate (see Rate 345, Rate 360). A customer that returns to general sales from transport rate must remain on general sales for no less than 12 months.
- Customer are responsible for obtaining an agreement with the gas transportation supplier and are subject to the nomination and balancing provisions in Sheet 51 of tariff.
- Pooling Service is described in Rate 380 of tariff. Pooling Service is an optional service applicable to any Gas Supplier and any Transportation Customer under an eligible rate that designates a Pool Operator to manage its gas supply as part of an aggregated Customer Pool.
New transportation customers
- Interested customers should contact the appropriate account manager.
- A Service agreement must be signed by Vectren Energy Delivery and the customer at least 30 days prior to gas flow.
- A designated phone line must be installed next to the gas meter at least 15 days prior to gas flow.
- Transportation customers must obtain an agent to supply gas and must have a signed Agency Agreement by 10 business days prior to gas flow. Agency Agreements can be obtained from your Vectren Account Manager and must be signed and returned at least 10 business days prior to the end of the month.
Agency agreements can be obtained from your Vectren account manager and must be signed and returned at least 10 business days prior to the end of the month.
Vectren holiday schedule
Large gas transportation customers must select from the list of approved suppliers.