About the IRP
Every three years, Vectren is required to submit its Integrated Resource Plan to the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC). The IRP describes the analysis used to determine the best mix of generation and demand side resources to meet customers' needs for reliable, low cost, environmentally acceptable power over the next 20 years. The IRP can be thought of as a compass setting the direction for future generation and demand side options. Future analysis, filings, and subsequent approvals from the IURC are needed to finalize the detailed course.
All Source RFP
Vectren is issuing an All-Source Request for Proposals (RFP) targeting 10 to 700 MW of capacity and unit-contingent energy to meet the needs of our customers. Market information gathered from this RFP will be utilized within the IRP to inform the outcome of the 2019/2020 IRP. More information about how results will be included in the IRP will be discussed at the first public stakeholder meeting (meeting dates shown below).
Vectren hosts public stakeholder meetings to facilitate stakeholder participation. Vectren will host a total of four public advisory meetings for the 2019/2020 IRP and file an IRP on June 30, 2020.
Objectives of the stakeholder engagement process
As part of the development of the Integrated Resource Plan, there are three objectives for the stakeholder engagement process:
Understand concerns and objectives.
Increase stakeholder understanding of the Integrated Resource Plan process, key assumptions and the challenges we face.
Provide a forum for relevant, timely stakeholder feedback at key points in the Integrated Resource Plan process to inform Vectren's decision making
- 2016 IRP
2016 IRP information
Vectren held three public advisory meetings or workshops with interested parties (stakeholders) during the development and analysis of the 2016 Integrated Resource Plan. The advisory meetings have informed stakeholders about Vectren's resource planning process, assumptions, and modeling methods as well as provide input from stakeholders to Vectren regarding these topics. The first meeting was held on April 7, 2016, and the second meeting was held on July 22, 2016. Additionally, Vectren held an IRP webinar information session on its 2016 IRP DSM modeling assumptions on October 14, 2016. Finally, on November 29, 2016 Vectren held the final meeting to discuss the preferred resource plan.
- 2016 Vectren IRP Non-Technical Summary
- 2016 Vectren IRP - Vol. 1 of 2
- 2016 Vectren IRP - Vol. 2 of 2
First stakeholder meeting (April 7, 2016)
2nd stakeholder meeting (July 22, 2016)
- Stakeholder Portfolio Exercise Summary
- Stakeholder presentation #1
- Stakeholder presentation #2
- Stakeholder feedback #1
- Stakeholder feedback #2
Webinar on modeling assumptions (October 14, 2016)
3rd stakeholder meeting (November 29, 2016)
- IRP 101
Stakeholder education session
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), Indiana Michigan Power (I&M), Vectren, Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO) and Duke Energy jointly presented an educational session to discuss the foundation of the IRP process. This all-day meeting was hosted on Feb. 3, 2016 and topics covered at the meeting include load forecasting, resource options, scenarios and sensitivities, RTOs and resource modeling.
Note: The Indiana electric utilities provide these materials for educational purposes only. Any statements and/or opinions expressed through these materials are those of the presenter and not the company with whom they are affiliated or employed.
- Meeting agenda
- Complete presentation slide deck
- PDF MP3 Welcome & Objective, Mark Maassel, Indiana Energy Association (IEA)
- PDF MP3 IURC Director's Report Development Process, Dr. Bob Pauly, Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC)
- PDF MP3 IRP Public Advisory Process, Barbara Smith, Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC)
- PDF MP3 IRP Building Blocks & Development, Joan Soller, IPL
- PDF MP3 Load Forecasting, Matt Rice, Vectren
- PDF MP3 Resources, Scott Park, Duke Energy
- PDF MP3 Scenarios & Sensitivities, Ted Leffler, IPL
- PDF MP3 Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs), Paul Kelly & Bill SeDoris, NIPSCO
- PDF MP3 Resource Modeling, Ismael Martinez Jr., I&M