Home Energy Assessments
Choose the energy assessment that best fits your home and needs. Assessments are open to customers with:
- A combination of natural gas and electric, or solely electric service, from Vectren
- If a customer has only electric service through Vectren, their primary heating fuel must be electricity
- Homes that are more than five years old
- Homes that have NOT participated in an assessment in the last three years
As part of the assessment, an energy efficiency technician will perform a walkthrough to understand how your home and appliances use energy, and you may even receive energy-saving products on the spot! Upon completion of the assessment, the technician will give you a personalized home energy report with an action plan for additional energy-saving efforts for your home.
Determine which assessment is right for you by reviewing program details at the links below.
Which energy assessment is right for you?
Click the links below for additional program information and learn how to schedule your appointment today!
Home Energy Assessments are available to gas and electric customers in Vectren Indiana's South Territory only.
Important! You must meet income qualifications to participate in the program.
|Persons in Family/HH||Annual income (before tax)|
|For family units with more than eight members, add $13,260 for each additional member.|
Don't meet the income guidelines for this program, check out Vectren's Home Energy Assessment program offered through our partnership with JE Shekell.
During the assessment, your Energy Advisor will:
Analyze your home and equipment
- Analyze your energy use by assessing the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system for operating efficiency
- Conduct blower-door directed air sealing
- Check for water leaks and electrical and gas hazards
- The advisor will also inspect the insulation levels in the attic, which may result in the installation of insulation at a later date.
Install low-cost, energy-saving measures
- Replace traditional incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LEDs
- Add water pipe insulation
- Install energy-efficient kitchen and bathroom sink aerators
- Install energy-efficient showerhead(s)
- Tested positive for the coronavirus or COVID-19 In the past 14 days;
- Experienced symptoms of COVID-19, as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including an elevated temperature, in the past 24 hours; or
- Been in close contact in the past 14 days with someone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
While Vectren is committed to the safety of its customers and is taking precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, there are risks associated with obtaining the Services. Accordingly, you acknowledge the health risks associated with the Services. IN CONSIDERATION OF RECEIVING THE SERVICES, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND ALL RESIDENTS, YOU VOLUNTARILY WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE VECTREN OR ITS SUBCONTRACTORS AND ANY OF EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, PARENTS OR AFFLIATES FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION YOU OR ANY RESIDENT MAY HAVE RELATING TO COVID-19, WHETHER ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, UNDER STATUTE OR RULE OR OTHERWISE.