About these rebates
There are a variety of eligibility guidelines specific to each rebate. Please review all program requirements (PDF) before purchasing equipment or applying for rebates. Select the button below if your equipment was purchased and installed between Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
The rebates below pertain to equipment purchased and installed between Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
Specification Rebate Wi-Fi enabled "smart" thermostat View eligible products (PDF) $50 Wi-Fi enabled "basic" thermostat $30
- Limit of one Wi-Fi enabled thermostat (includes "basic" and "smart") per facility.
- Wi-Fi enabled "basic" thermostat must have Wi-Fi capability for programming and adjusting remotely.
- Wi-Fi enabled "smart" thermostat must have presence sensing or geo-fencing capability and be ENERGY STAR® listed.
- Gas boilers & boiler tune-ups
Specification Rebate Gas boiler (90% AFUE/CE/TE or higher) $6/MBtu input, up to $5,000 Gas boiler tune-up 50% of cost, up to $250
- Gas boiler: Must be at least 90% AFUE, CE or TE and utilized for space heating. In multiple boiler systems, each boiler qualifies for a separate rebate. Must provide a copy of the manufacturers spec sheet showing efficiency rating.
- Boiler tune-up: Rebate not to exceed tune-up cost. Rebate is available once per 24-month period for each boiler. All required information, contractor invoice, must be submitted before rebate can be paid, (see rebate application for details).
- Gas furnaces
Specification Rebate 95-96.99% AFUE $300 97% AFUE or higher $400
- Unit must meet the applicable AFUE efficiency rating.
- Furnace must be primary heat source for facility and be a sealed combustion unit.
- Systems supplementing gas space heating with an air source or geothermal heat pump are not eligible.
- Gas infrared & unit heaters
Specification Rebate Gas infrared heater $500 Gas unit heater (90% TE or higher) $350
- Gas infrared heater: Heaters must have an electric ignition. Must be an infrared tube heater. Outdoor patio heating applications are not eligible. New construction is not eligible.
- Gas unit heater: Must be less than 300 MBH and have a thermal efficiency (TE) of 90% or higher (unit heaters 300 MBH or higher may be eligible for custom incentives.)
- Commercial kitchen equipment
Specification Rebate Gas steam cooker $650 Gas convection oven $900 Gas fryer $500
- Equipment must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Gas convection oven rebate is paid per each qualifying oven cavity. Gas fryer rebate amount is per vat.
How do I get started?
Ensure you are eligible
Make sure you are eligible for rebates by carefully reading the qualification guidelines on the rebate application.
Download and complete the rebate application. Don't forget to sign the application, and ensure you've included all required documentation.
Retain invoices & log sheets
Retain and make copies of all product and service invoices. You may also need to provide the necessary log sheet for services like tune-ups.
Need customized incentives?
Making energy upgrades which don't qualify for equipment rebates? See our Custom Programs for options regarding large or special energy efficiency projects.
How to apply for rebates
1. Determine eligibility
The applicant must be a Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio, Inc. ("Vectren") General Service (Rate 320, 321, 325) natural gas account holder at the time of equipment installation. Location of installed equipment or services performed must have Vectren natural gas service.
Equipment must be purchased and installed by within the dates specified on the application. Read all requirements carefully to ensure your product qualifies.
Application and installation
The application must be postmarked within 90 days of equipment installation.
2. Complete application & attach invoices
Complete and sign application
Unless noted otherwise, all fields must be completed on the application to receive a rebate. The application must be signed in the space provided to receive a rebate.
Ensure that you have attached copies of all invoices to the application. Invoices should include: the equipment make, model and cost, the date of installation and the total number of units installed. The rebate amount may not exceed the cost of the equipment.
3. Submit paperwork
Submit application, product forms & invoices
Submit your completed application, applicable Measure Form(s), technical data sheets and a copy of your itemized invoice(s) within 90 calendar days of equipment installation. You may do so in one of two ways:
- Email: Send application, product forms and invoices to email@example.com
- Mail: Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio, ATTN: Rebates | P.O. Box 3168, Evansville, IN 47731